We are looking for
a self motivated, driven and detail oriented individual to manage a client relationship, acting as the main account point of contact and key liaison between the client, their IT and providers and our project teams.
This role will have overall responsibility to deliver and maintain excellent client service within an account, ensuring that we scope and deliver excellent implementations for our clients.
This is a role at the crossroads of business and technology with the responsibility of understanding the client’s needs and requirements, helping define a solution architecture and ensuring successful delivery of the implementation for the client. It will involve working closely with all business units within Hivemind particularly Technology (Infrastructure and Software Engineering) and Finance Operations, and leaning on the support of the Directors and Project Leads to assist with business development activities where necessary. We strive to empower women in the tech business and aim for more diversity and thus especially welcome non-male applications.
Note that this is a permanent position, no contractors.
This job is part-time, hours depending on what we agree on.
Who we are
At Hivemind, we cherish a culture of openness, diversity, respect and mutual trust. We believe in kindness and the collaborative pursuit of knowledge. We welcome people who share our progressive values and support improvements of human interaction, fairness and sustainability – on all levels.
We want to create not only a highly productive setting for people but also a healthy one. This is why we don’t want anyone to work more than 38 hours a week (maximum) at Hivemind. We want to create a supportive and nurturing environment for our team. We want to empower you to live up to your potential. We also want you to have enough space for your personal and family life.
We strive to only empower companies who conduct their business according to our values: fairly, ethically, sustainably and humanly. We don’t do fossil fuels, defence, or surveillance.
Your responsibilities for this role would include:
• Taking project briefs from clients and understanding the client’s needs
• Keeping in regular contact with existing key stakeholders
• Helping clients define their needs and scope of projects
• Advise clients on project management setup, applying agile and continuous delivery methodologies, especially XP and understanding the DevOps mindset
• Arrange project onboarding and providing advice and support of running projects
• Key point of contact for 3rd party suppliers
We would love to work with you, if you...
• have background of account management in either consultancy, PO or tech consultancy
• have a solid understanding of software development and technical project management
• have a solid understanding of eXtreme Programming (XP) and agile software development
• have a solid understanding of public Cloud platforms
• have a good attention to detail
• like a collaborative work style
• Like to work in a small, dynamic, and diverse team.
• Are fluent in English and German
• Are EU/EEA/U.K. national or have a working permit.
• Are living +- 3 hours from CET timezone.
• Consider yourself a genuinely kind and friendly person.
• Want to have an actual life besides your job.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our vibrant company and to really make a difference to our future success, with rewards to match.
What we offer you
By joining Hivemind, you will work in a small, collaborative cross-functional team with flat hierarchies and lean processes. Together with our focus on clean code, test coverage, and a great onboarding practice you will be able to contribute right from the start and take ownership quickly.
As a small international team, distributed mostly across Europe and an admin team based mostly in Berlin we won't micromanage you or enforce rigid work times, instead we encourage self-organisation and self-determination. We emphasise flexible remote work and even make it possible for our employees to travel the world while working with us. We want our work to fit well into our personal lives, hobbies and families. Family and especially children always come first with us. We also understand that not everyone is always at their best and try to accommodate times in our lives when we may need more time for ourselves.
We work together to provide everyone at Hivemind with a better life. We don’t live to work. We embrace different genders and life choices and are violently opposed to racism, homophobia, or sexism. We offer you an environment where everyone is welcome.
As a result of working for different clients, you will be working with state-of-the-art technology and therefore continuously improve your technical skills. There is no predefined set of technologies we use. You are encouraged to make suggestions for your favourite tools and technologies. We have a trial and error philosophy and take the time to try out new tools and techniques when we think it will benefit us in the long term.
• We work 100% remotely
• Choice of equipment (Mac or Linux)
• Cross-Functional teams
• Paid Conference/workshop
• Paid co-working
• Regular on-sites 2-3x a year usually in Berlin
• Flexible working arrangements (between 20 - 38h / week)
• 30 days of paid vacation
• Open salary policy with transparent tiers from Junior to Principal
• We don’t do overtime
• A job that marries well with your life
We have a 3 stage hiring process
- Interview with the 2 directors to get to know one another If both sides want to continue you get a tech challenge to do in your own time within more or less 2 weeks.
- Interview with a few people who work at Hivemind to check whether what we promised in stage 1 is actually true :) and maybe answer questions about the tech challenge
- Takes place when you’ve finished the challenge. It’s an interview with people from the team to have a look at your solution together to test how we could work together and how you handle feedback.
Send your resume to email@example.com