As a Berlin based software consultancy, we are focussed on building state of the art scalable platforms using functional programming and DevOps paradigms. We believe writing software is an inherently creative craft which requires a nurturing, supportive and collaborative environment - even though we develop platforms for machines mostly talking to other machines, ours is first and foremost a people business!
We exist and strive to empower companies who conduct their business according to our values: fairly, ethically, sustainably, humanly. We don't do fossil fuels, defense nor surveillance.
We believe that one can only excel at what we do with kindness, respect and the collaborative pursuit of knowledge. We stand for progressive values, embrace diversity, different cultures and backgrounds, and we want to make the world a better place, which is why we care deeply about whom we work with as customers and as colleagues.
We are a team of skilled engineers which like to write pure functional, scalable and clean code. We heavily make use of AWS and cloud computing.
Our team is nice to work with, has flexible working times and embraces remote work. We strive to empower women in the tech business and aim for more diversity and thus especially welcome non-male applications.
Note that this is a permanent position, no contractors
- Designing and building distributed data systems
- Writing code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability
- Creating and improving infrastructure and processes that fit our clients needs
- Thinking holistically: Constantly evaluating our work and internal processes
We would love to work with you, if you…
- In-depth knowledge of at least one big data processing framework (preferably Spark)
- Knowledge of ETL principles
- Experience with SQL and concepts of Data Warehousing
- Experience with at least one of the following: Scala, or Python
- Experience with cloud computing and serverless paradigms
- Experience with building data processing pipelines and complex workflows
- Experience with ML implementation and MLOps
- Knowledge of Unix-like operating systems
- Have knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services
- Like to work in a small and dynamic team
- Are fluent in English
- Are a UK/EU/EEA national or have a working permit
- Are living within one of these time zones: GMT, CET or EET
- Consider yourself a genuinely kind and friendly person
- Want to have an actual life besides your job.
- The desire and ability to write pure code
- Experience in statistical modeling and machine learning
- Experience with cloud computing, especially AWS
- Experience with DevOps and interest in CI/CD
- Experience working in a distributed team
What we offer you
By joining Hivemind, you will work in a small, collaborative cross-functional team with flat hierarchies and lean processes. Together with our focus on clean code, test coverage, and a great onboarding practice you will be able to contribute right from the start and take ownership quickly.
As a small international team, distributed mostly across Europe and an admin team based mostly in Berlin we won't micromanage you or enforce rigid work times, instead we encourage self-organisation and self-determination. We emphasise flexible remote work and even make it possible for our employees to travel the world while working with us. We want our work to fit well into our personal lives, hobbies and families. Family and especially children always come first with us. We also understand that not everyone is always at their best and try to accommodate times in our lives when we may need more time for ourselves.
We work together to provide everyone at Hivemind with a better life. We don’t live to work. We embrace different genders and life choices and are violently opposed to racism, homophobia, or sexism. We offer you an environment where everyone is welcome.
As a result of working for different clients, you will be working with state-of-the-art technology and therefore continuously improve your technical skills. There is no predefined set of technologies we use. You are encouraged to make suggestions for your favourite tools and technologies. We have a trial and error philosophy and take the time to try out new tools and techniques when we think it will benefit us in the long term.
- We work 100% remotely.
- Choice of equipment (Mac or Linux)
- Cross-functional teams
- Paid conferences / workshops
- Paid Co-Working-Space (if needed)
- Regular on-site meetings
- Flexible working arrangements (between 20 - 38h / week)
- 30 days of paid vacation
- We don’t do overtime.
- A job that marries well with your life
We have a 3 stage hiring process
1. Interview with the 2 directors to get to know one another If both sides want to continue you get a tech challenge to do in your own time within more or less 2 weeks.
2. Interview with a few people who work at Hivemind to check whether what we promised in stage 1 is actually true :) and maybe answer questions about the tech challenge
3. Takes place when you’ve finished the challenge. It’s an interview with people from the team to have a look at your solution together to test how we could work together and how you handle feedback.
Send your resume to email@example.com