[_Cloud Infrastructure Engineer.]
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer with a strong background in IaC and a DevOps-mindset to help us build scalable and replicable infrastructures for our customers and our own products. We strive to empower women in the tech business and aim for more diversity and thus especially welcome non-male applications.
Note that this is a permanent position, no contractors
We would love to work with you, if you…
- Have a thorough knowledge of AWS and its applications to the enterprise, especially deploying container-based applications and serverless infrastructure.
- Have a strong grasp of Terraform and the Terraform AWS Provider.
- Have software development skills in the context of automation, serverless and/or glue-code (Any of: Python, TypeScript, Go or similar).
- Have In-depth knowledge of networking (VPCs, transit gateways, security groups, etc.).
- Have proficiency of English, verbal and written.
- Like to work in a small, dynamic, and diverse team.
- Are a EU/EEA/U.K. national or have a working permit.
- Are living +- 3 hours from CET timezone.
- Consider yourself a genuinely kind and friendly person.
- Want to have an actual life besides your job.
- Experience with a functional or logical programming language (Scala, Haskell, Purescript, Scala, Elm, Prolog, etc.)
- Expertise in CDK with TypeScript
- Previous experience in working remotely
What we offer you
By joining Hivemind, you will work in a small, collaborative cross-functional team with flat hierarchies and lean processes. Together with our focus on clean code, test coverage, and a great onboarding practice you will be able to contribute right from the start and take ownership quickly.
As a small international team, distributed mostly across Europe and an admin team based mostly in Berlin we won't micromanage you or enforce rigid work times, instead we encourage self-organisation and self-determination. We emphasise flexible remote work and even make it possible for our employees to travel the world while working with us. We want our work to fit well into our personal lives, hobbies and families. Family and especially children always come first with us. We also understand that not everyone is always at their best and try to accommodate times in our lives when we may need more time for ourselves.
We work together to provide everyone at Hivemind with a better life. We don’t live to work. We embrace different genders and life choices and are violently opposed to racism, homophobia, or sexism. We offer you an environment where everyone is welcome.
As a result of working for different clients, you will be working with state-of-the-art technology and therefore continuously improve your technical skills. There is no predefined set of technologies we use. You are encouraged to make suggestions for your favourite tools and technologies. We have a trial and error philosophy and take the time to try out new tools and techniques when we think it will benefit us in the long term.
- We work 100% remotely.
- Choice of equipment (Mac or Linux)
- Cross-functional teams
- Paid conferences / workshops
- Paid Co-Working-Space (if needed)
- Regular on-site meetings
- Flexible working arrangements (between 20 - 38h / week)
- 30 days of paid vacation
- We don’t do overtime.
- A job that marries well with your life
We have a 3 stage hiring process
1. Interview with the 2 directors to get to know one another If both sides want to continue you get a tech challenge to do in your own time within more or less 2 weeks.
2. Interview with a few people who work at Hivemind to check whether what we promised in stage 1 is actually true :) and maybe answer questions about the tech challenge
3. Takes place when you’ve finished the challenge. It’s an interview with people from the team to have a look at your solution together to test how we could work together and how you handle feedback.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org